We wish you all a safe and very Merry Christmas and a joy filled New Year!
Emergency Contact Information Update for Disasters, Community Emergencies
If you are a water &/or sewer customer anywhere within our service area, please update your phone numbers through the mail, email, or by phone with the Rimersburg Borough office. *Our contact information is at the top of the sidebar to the left of this announcement.* As you know, you will generally not hear from us unless there is an emergency such as the Boil Water Notice of Jan. 2018. We were missing many phone numbers at that time and more have become disconnected or are not listed since then as people have changed phone services. Please let us know the following –
- Phone: all phone numbers you would like called (such as if you and your spouse both have cell phones, and a land line, etc.) and specify which is the primary number to call (if we could only call one, for instance)
- Special Needs: This can be very helpful to you in a disaster situation, extended power outage, evacuation, etc.
- Email: if you would like us to have this information and it is something you check regularly
We care about you and look forward to hearing from you soon!
We will not share your information with anyone except disaster relief crews, etc.
Line Dance & Couples Pattern Dances
Where: Rimersburg Community Building
When: Tuesday Nights 7:00 p.m.
Cost: $1.00 per person (for use of the hall)
Ages: 10 to 80 (younger or older if you really want to dance)
NO ONE HAS TWO LEFT FEET, EVERYONE CAN LEARN TO DANCE!
Come join our Dance Family for Fun, Exercise, and Camaraderie. We have a Dance on the 3rd Friday Night of each month and everyone is welcome to attend.
Line Dancers Poster
*Get your water and sewer bill in your email and do away with paper bills!
When you register for eBill using the “Pay My Bills” tab, you can pay your bill at Northwest Bank in Rimersburg, mail in a check to the Borough office, or choose to pay it online. The only differences are that you will receive your bill in your email instead of paper, and you will have the ability to view your bill online using “View and Pay Bills.” This does not obligate you to pay online and it helps the environment by using less trees! If you have questions, please contact the Borough Office – we are happy to help. We do not share your email address or any contact information.
- PennDOT District 10 Engineer to retire after 35 years of serviceBROOKVILLE — Pennsylvania Department of Transportation District 10 District Engineer Joseph P. Dubovi III is retiring after 35 years of service to the region.
- Resident talks right-of-way with St. Marys Airport AuthorityST. MARYS — St. Marys resident Bob Carnes addressed the longtime issue of the maintenance of a road at Monday evening’s St. Marys Airport Authority meeting.
- Tinted windows lead to drug possession chargesBROOKVILLE — A Summerville woman pulled over for excessive window tint on her vehicle was subsequently charged with possession of marijuana on Nov. 29.
- St. Marys Airport Authority appoints Bonfardine to fill vacant seatST. MARYS — The St. Marys Airport Authority voted to appoint former pilot and military veteran Jerry Bonfardine of St. Marys to fill the authority vacancy at Monday evening’s meeting.
- Reynoldsville Magistrate roundupREYNOLDSVILLE — Magisterial District Judge David Inzana presided over the following preliminary hearings on Dec. 10.
- DuBois man charged, jailed in connection with assaultDuBOIS — A 38-year-old DuBois man faces felony assault charges following a Nov. 24 incident in DuBois, according to a criminal complaint filed at District Judge Patrick Ford’s office.
- ECCOTA to host book debut, signing with Johnsonburg author FridayRIDGWAY — Johnsonburg native and author Augustine Oglesby will visit the Elk County Council on the Arts in Ridgway Friday. The event is open to the public.
- Punxsutawney Library goes hunting for elvesPUNXSUTAWNEY — The Punxsutawney Library held an Elf on the Shelf scavenger hunt Saturday to kick start the holidays and give children a new book to take home.
- Brockway police chief resignsBROCKWAY — The police department in Brockway is now without a police chief and Sandy Township has a new officer.
- FUREVER HOMES: Pets of the WeekGATEWAY HUMANE SOCIETYVegas is a lovable little guy. He is a 12-year-old Pug mix who was surrendered to the shelter due to his owners illness. Vegas will melt your heart.