We wish you all a safe and very Merry Christmas and a joy filled New Year!
If you are looking for good, reliable resources for information on the current COVID-19 pandemic in our state of PA, check out these links:
- PA Dept. of Health (PA DOH) website
- PA Dept. of Health (PA DOH) Facebook page
- PA Governor’s website (especially the News tab and Live Feed to lower left on the News page for daily press conferences)
- PA Rep. Donna Oberlander’s website
- PA Rep. Donna Oberlander’s Facebook page
Emergency Contact Information Update for Disasters, Community Emergencies
If you are a water &/or sewer customer anywhere within our service area, please update your phone numbers through the mail, email, or by phone with the Rimersburg Borough office. *Our contact information is at the top of the sidebar to the left of this announcement.* As you know, you will generally not hear from us unless there is an emergency such as the Boil Water Notice of Jan. 2018. We were missing many phone numbers at that time and more have become disconnected or are not listed since then as people have changed phone services. Please let us know the following –
- Phone: all phone numbers you would like called (such as if you and your spouse both have cell phones, and a land line, etc.) and specify which is the primary number to call (if we could only call one, for instance)
- Special Needs: This can be very helpful to you in a disaster situation, extended power outage, evacuation, etc.
- Email: if you would like us to have this information and it is something you check regularly
We care about you and look forward to hearing from you soon!
We will not share your information with anyone except disaster relief crews, etc.
*Get your water and sewer bill in your email and do away with paper bills!
When you register for eBill using the “Pay My Bills” tab, you can pay your bill at Northwest Bank in Rimersburg, mail in a check to the Borough office, or choose to pay it online. The only differences are that you will receive your bill in your email instead of paper, and you will have the ability to view your bill online using “View and Pay Bills.” This does not obligate you to pay online and it helps the environment by using less trees! If you have questions, please contact the Borough Office – we are happy to help. We do not share your email address or any contact information.
- DOH reports an increase of 2,564 COVID-19 casesHARRISBURG — The Department of Health reported an increase of 2,564 cases of COVID-19 Tuesday. The statewide case total is now 935,834.
- Plans revealed for proposed I-80 North Fork projectThe Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) is currently hosting a virtual public meeting for the proposed bridge replacement project on Interstate 80 in Jefferson County.
- Jamie Hoffer named DuBois Area Jaycee of the Year for 2020DuBOIS — Jamie Hoffer, 2020 DuBois Area Jaycee of the Year, joined the organization made up of area young working professionals in 2017 because she believed it is important to give back to the community.
- Preliminary Hearings — DuBoisDuBOIS — Preliminary hearings and other proceedings were held Feb. 26 at the DuBois Magisterial Office in DuBois with Judge Richard Ireland specially presiding.
- Clearfield County Commissioners provide additional information on ransomware attackCLEARFIELD — Clearfield County Commissioners provided additional information about the ransomware attack that stifled the county’s computers in January.
- Elk County Community Foundation aims to grow the 'Viola Fund'ST. MARYS — The late Chester and Grace Viola and their family have always embraced the value of Catholic education.
- Reynoldsville Fire Department selling tickets for first outdoor Gun ExtravaganzaREYNOLDSVILLE — The Reynoldsville Fire Department has started selling tickets for an outdoor gun drawing being planned for May.
- Students watch butterflies grow through 'pollinator education'ST. MARYS — A two-phase project spearheaded by the Elk County Conservation District is helping Elk County elementary students increase their “pollinator education.”
- Kane man charged for allegedly possessing heroin, illegal firearmST. MARYS — A Kane man is facing a felony charge after he was allegedly caught with heroin and an illegal firearm.
- Guardian Angel Center 'very well stocked,' seeing soaring donationsKERSEY — The Guardian Angel Center in Kersey, dedicated to helping families and youth in need, is well-stocked and has seen a soar in donations throughout COVID-19.