We wish you all a safe and very Merry Christmas and a joy filled New Year!
If you are looking for good, reliable resources for information on the current COVID-19 pandemic in our state of PA, check out these links:
- PA Dept. of Health (PA DOH) website
- PA Dept. of Health (PA DOH) Facebook page
- PA Governor’s website (especially the News tab and Live Feed to lower left on the News page for daily press conferences)
- PA Rep. Donna Oberlander’s website
- PA Rep. Donna Oberlander’s Facebook page
Emergency Contact Information Update for Disasters, Community Emergencies
If you are a water &/or sewer customer anywhere within our service area, please update your phone numbers through the mail, email, or by phone with the Rimersburg Borough office. *Our contact information is at the top of the sidebar to the left of this announcement.* As you know, you will generally not hear from us unless there is an emergency such as the Boil Water Notice of Jan. 2018. We were missing many phone numbers at that time and more have become disconnected or are not listed since then as people have changed phone services. Please let us know the following –
- Phone: all phone numbers you would like called (such as if you and your spouse both have cell phones, and a land line, etc.) and specify which is the primary number to call (if we could only call one, for instance)
- Special Needs: This can be very helpful to you in a disaster situation, extended power outage, evacuation, etc.
- Email: if you would like us to have this information and it is something you check regularly
We care about you and look forward to hearing from you soon!
We will not share your information with anyone except disaster relief crews, etc.
*Get your water and sewer bill in your email and do away with paper bills!
When you register for eBill using the “Pay My Bills” tab, you can pay your bill at Northwest Bank in Rimersburg, mail in a check to the Borough office, or choose to pay it online. The only differences are that you will receive your bill in your email instead of paper, and you will have the ability to view your bill online using “View and Pay Bills.” This does not obligate you to pay online and it helps the environment by using less trees! If you have questions, please contact the Borough Office – we are happy to help. We do not share your email address or any contact information.
- FUREVER HOMES: Pets of the WeekEditor’s Note: If you are interested in adopting one of these animals, please check with the shelter or rescue to be sure the animal is still available.
- Sandy Township Police reportsThe following are reports from the Sandy Township Police Department:
- St. Marys woman allegedly stalks four victims from ReynoldsvilleREYNOLDSVILLE — A St. Marys woman is facing charges for allegedly stalking and harassing four individuals from Reynoldsville by reportedly sending threatening texts to them about what they were each doing throughout the day.
- SMASD board appoints temporary president, new memberST. MARYS — Wednesday’s meeting of the St. Marys Area School District Board of Administrators included the appointment of a temporary president and a new board member.
- DuBois Area School Board reorganizes; re-elects Salone presidentDuBOIS — The DuBois Area School Board reorganized Wednesday and re-elected Larry Salone as president.
- SSMSES teacher incorporates Plinko board for virtual learningST. MARYS — Tracey Covac, who teaches second grade at South St. Marys Street Elementary School, has gotten creative when it comes to keeping her students motivated during virtual learning.
- Superintendent: St. Marys students to return to regular schedule Dec. 7ST. MARYS — St. Marys Area School District Superintendent Brian Toth provided an update on reopening and learning plans within the district recently, as well as his monthly board report at Wednesday’s meeting.
- Imagination Boxes bring smiles to C.G. Johnson studentsREYNOLDSVILLE — Just before Thanksgiving vacation, teachers distributed Imagination Boxes to every single student at C.G. Johnson Elementary in Reynoldsville thanks to First Class Children’s Foundation and a generous community.
- St. Marys man charged with allegedly spitting on, striking womanRIDGWAY — A St. Marys man is facing assault and harassment charges following an alleged incident in early November.
- Punxsutawney magistrate roundupPUNXSUTAWNEY — Magisterial District Judge Jacqueline Mizerock presided over the following preliminary hearings Dec. 3.