Chamber Visit with Santa 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. this Sat., 12/15/2018
Children enjoy a visit with Santa at the Rimersburg Community Building thanks to the Rimersburg Chamber of of Commerce
– get a picture with Santa, make a craft, decorate a cookie, and get a hot dog, chips, and drink all at no charge!
We wish you all a safe and very Merry Christmas and a joy filled New Year!
*Get your water and sewer bill in your email and do away with paper bills!
When you register for eBill using the “Pay My Bills” tab, you can pay your bill at Northwest Bank in Rimersburg, mail in a check to the Borough office, or choose to pay it online. The only differences are that you will receive your bill in your email instead of paper, and you will have the ability to view your bill online using “View and Pay Bills.” This does not obligate you to pay online and it helps the environment by using less trees! If you have questions, please contact the Borough Office – we are happy to help. We do not share your email address or any contact information.
- Trout-A-Thon to return for 2019 seasonRIDGWAY — Trout season will provide a change to reel in some prizes across Elk County in 2019.
- Community to hold fundraiser for police officer injured in accidentOn the morning of Jan. 13, Ridgway Borough police officer Brian Selnekovic was seriously injured in a one-vehicle accident while on his way home after working a double shift.
- Recreational marijuana legalization 'listening tour' comes to DuBoisDuBOIS — Supporters of the legalization of recreational marijuana outnumbered opponents by a ratio of approximately four-to-one at Penn State DuBois Thursday night.
- Examination of legal recreational marijuana follows national trendAcross the nation, states have approved marijuana for use medically and, in a handful of cases recreationally.
- Sisters run 'Helping Hands' free clothing effort at Punxsutawney churchPUNXSUTAWNEY — Two sisters from the Punxsutawney area have continued a family tradition and “God’s calling” by distributing clothes to those in need.
- Auction sale slated for DuBois MallForeclosure proceedings will not impact businesses or customers at the DuBois Mall, according to the mall’s management company.
- Principal of Jeff Tech talks success, support of Positive Behavior programREYNOLDSVILLE — Jeff Tech (Jefferson County Vocational Technical School) Principal Melissa Mowrey says she is overwhelmed with the success of and support for a new program.
- Reynoldsville Boy Scout troop to host hotdog fundraiser, pinewood derbyREYNOLDSVILLE — Boy Scout Troop 72 of Reynoldsville is gearing up for warm weather and more outdoor activities as spring approaches.
- Uniform Crime Reports 2018 statistics comparable to previous yearSandy Township Police Department Officer-in-Charge Sgt. Kris Kruzelak presented the 2018 Uniform Crime Reports to the supervisors at the group’s meeting this week.
- Borough opts to support ATV trail connection studyRIDGWAY — Ridgway Borough has opted to lend its support to a local ATV riders group seeking a feasibility study to connect regional trails.