Trick-or-Treat in the Borough has been postponed due to weather.
The new date and time is Friday, 11/01/2019 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. Thank you for your cooperation. Have a happy and save Halloween.
Lions’ Annual Halloween Parade
Where: Line up at Heeter Lumber, march to the Community Building for costume judging festivities
When: Tues., Oct. 29, 2019 begin line up at 5:45 p.m., parade starts at 6:15 p.m.
Cost: Free to all ages
See you there!
Rimersburg Borough Trick or Treat
Where: within Rimersburg Borough limits
When: Thurs., Oct. 31, 2019 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Cost: Free to kids 18 and under
Kids: Be polite, be kind to others, and use all of your good manners.
Adults: All children should be escorted by an adult. Do not leave children unattended.
Participating households and businesses, please turn on entrance outside lights so that children and their families will know that you are participating. Households that are not participating should turn off front entrance outside lights during Trick or Treat hours.
“A Christmas Present” Craft Show 2019
Where: throughout the Rimersburg area, maps available at area businesses
When: Thurs., Nov. 7, 8, and 9, 9:00 a.m.- 7:00 p.m.
Cost: Free admission to all sites
Come see what our local crafters and businesses have to offer and find something for everyone on your Christmas list!
Emergency Contact Information Update for Disasters, Community Emergencies
If you are a water &/or sewer customer anywhere within our service area, please update your phone numbers through the mail, email, or by phone with the Rimersburg Borough office. *Our contact information is at the top of the sidebar to the left of this announcement.* As you know, you will generally not hear from us unless there is an emergency such as the Boil Water Notice of Jan. 2018. We were missing many phone numbers at that time and more have become disconnected or are not listed since then as people have changed phone services. Please let us know the following –
- Phone: all phone numbers you would like called (such as if you and your spouse both have cell phones, and a land line, etc.) and specify which is the primary number to call (if we could only call one, for instance)
- Special Needs: This can be very helpful to you in a disaster situation, extended power outage, evacuation, etc.
- Email: if you would like us to have this information and it is something you check regularly
We care about you and look forward to hearing from you soon!
We will not share your information with anyone except disaster relief crews, etc.
Line Dance & Couples Pattern Dances
Where: Rimersburg Community Building
When: Tuesday Nights 7:00 p.m.
Cost: $1.00 per person (for use of the hall)
Ages: 10 to 80 (younger or older if you really want to dance)
NO ONE HAS TWO LEFT FEET, EVERYONE CAN LEARN TO DANCE!
Come join our Dance Family for Fun, Exercise, and Camaraderie. We have a Dance on the 3rd Friday Night of each month and everyone is welcome to attend.
Line Dancers Poster
*Get your water and sewer bill in your email and do away with paper bills!
When you register for eBill using the “Pay My Bills” tab, you can pay your bill at Northwest Bank in Rimersburg, mail in a check to the Borough office, or choose to pay it online. The only differences are that you will receive your bill in your email instead of paper, and you will have the ability to view your bill online using “View and Pay Bills.” This does not obligate you to pay online and it helps the environment by using less trees! If you have questions, please contact the Borough Office – we are happy to help. We do not share your email address or any contact information.
- WWC steering committee announces Donor Advisor for a DayST. MARYS — The Steering Committee of Women Who Care invites area women to become a “Donor Advisor for a Day.” All women who renew their membership or become new members by Dec. 27 will be entered into a drawing…
- $1M grant announced for Elk County Visitor Center access roadBENEZETTE — State funding of $1 million has been approved for the Winslow Hill Road Paving Project in Elk County, according to state Sen. Joe Scarnati, R-Brockway.
- Man accused of hiding heroin, meth in his underwear waives hearingST. MARYS — A St. Marys man who was allegedly hiding three bundles of heroin and a bag of methamphetamine in his underwear waived his preliminary hearing at Magisterial District Judge Mark Jacob’s office Tuesday.
- DuBois man pleads guilty to child pornography chargeJOHNSTOWN – A DuBois man pleaded guilty in federal court to charges of violating child pornography laws, according to United States Attorney Scott W. Brady.
- Fire marshal: Cause of Albion church fire undeterminedPUNXSUTAWNEY — The cause of a fire which occurred at 7:20 p.m. Monday at the Albion Heights United Methodist Church, 658 Clawson St., Punxsutawney, is currently being determined as unknown at this time, according to state police fire marshal Russell…
- Pa. infuses nearly $79.3 million into infrastructure improvements in 42 countiesHARRISBURG – Gov. Tom Wolf has announced the approval of 141 new projects through the Multimodal Transportation Fund (MTF). The projects will improve Pennsylvania’s transportation infrastructure and ensure safer, more reliable transportation for residents and businesses. The projects total nearly…
- New 2020 summer event, term expirations discussed by airport authorityST. MARYS — A new summer event in 2020 and upcoming term expirations were topics of Tuesday’s St. Marys Area Airport Authority meeting.
- Gov. Wolf announces research funding to grow PA agriculture industryHARRISBURG — Gov. Tom Wolf has announced awards of nearly $1.3 million to seven organizations for research on issues critical to sustaining and growing Pennsylvania’s agriculture industry. Grant recipients include Penn State University, Temple University, University of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania Association…
- Planet Fitness announces grand opening of gym in DuBoisDuBOIS — Planet Fitness, one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the U.S. and home of the Judgement Free Zone®, has announced a new location in DuBois at 5820 Shaffer Road.
- Community Guidance Center certified in trauma-informed care modelCommunity Guidance Center has announced it has been certified in the internationally recognized Sanctuary Model® for trauma-informed care.